The Lighthouse was built in 1871 to mark three reefs between Vermont and New York. Because it had to endure strong lake winds, it is solidly built with a post-and-beam frame and one-and-a-half-inch thick iron rods. In 1952, the abandoned Lighthouse was dismantled from its site on the lake and re-constructed at the Museum.
The Haskell Free Library and Opera House (French: Bibliothèque et salle d’opéra Haskell) is a neoclassical building that straddles the international border in Rock Island (now part of Stanstead), Quebec and Derby Line, Vermont. The Opera House opened on June 7, 1904, and was deliberately built on the border between Canada and the United States. It was declared a heritage building by both countries in the 1970s.
In 1796 Bradford gained the honor and distinction of being the first town in Vermont in which a library was chartered.
In 1895 John L. Woods willed a sum of $15,000.00 to the Bradford Public Library. After purchasing the land for $500.00 the present day library was built. On July 4, 1895, the Woods Library was dedicated with proper ceremonies.
Lambert Packard designed the building along with the present day Richardson Block. Mr. Packard was sent to school by the famous Fairbanks family, who established the Fairbanks Museum.
The steamboat Ticonderoga is one of two remaining side-paddle-wheel passenger steamers with a vertical beam engine of the type that provided freight and passenger service on America’s bays, lakes and rivers from the early 19th to the mid-20th centuries. Commissioned by the Champlain Transportation Company, Ticonderoga was built in 1906 at the Shelburne Shipyard in Shelburne, Vermont on Lake Champlain.
Shelburne Farms is a nonprofit education center for sustainability, 1,400 acres (570 ha) working farm, and National Historic Landmark on the shores of Lake Champlain in Shelburne, Vermont. The property is nationally significant as a well-preserved example of a Gilded Age “ornamental farm”, developed in the late 19th century with architecture by Robert Henderson Robertson and landscaping by Frederick Law Olmsted.